2023 Regulation Changes
Public Service Announcement
Please take a minute to read this, we can help save you money!
On January 1, 2023, the Department of Energy minimum efficiency standards are changing for the first time since 2015.
Two significant changes will affect heat pumps and central air conditioners beginning in 2023. Sunny Service is here to help you navigate those changes. Our qualified technicians have your back whether you need equipment, maintenance, repairs, replacement, or installation. We offer solutions tailored to your unique comfort and budget needs.
Government Efficiency Regulations Changing
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) will raise the minimum efficiency standards for residential heat pumps and central air conditioners starting next year. Systems installed in the U.S. beginning Jan. 1, 2023, MUST meet those minimum standards.
The seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) describes cooling system efficiency, similar to miles per gallon on a car. With SEER, the higher the number, the more efficient the unit is.
Currently, the minimum is 14 SEER for AC equipment.
Next year the minimum standard goes to 15 SEER AND they are changing the rating scale to SEER2 which means tougher standards, new equipment and certification/re-certification.
What Does This Mean For You, the Homeowner?
- 15-25% Price Increase on ALL equipment effective January 1, 2023. Manufacturers have already issued updates to prepare our industry
- Larger outdoor equipment (this is how they drive more efficiency) – these use more materials, take up more room in production and on shipping trucks which adds to cost.
- Equipment shortages as they change production lines, recertify equipment, etc.
- More efficient equipment saves on utility bills (this is a good thing)
How Can You Save Money?
- If you think AC/Heating equipment replacement is an investment you will need to make in the next few years, now is the time!
- We still have equipment available, but manufacturer phase-out has started.
- A new system will save you money on already rising utility bills (even the base models are likely more efficient than what in your home today). We guarantee 10%, 20% or 30% electricity usage reduction depending on the system that fits your needs best.
Cliff Notes VersionCooling and Heating Efficiency
Government Changes Requiring More Efficiency
- Effective Date – January 1, 2023
- Equipment prices increase by 15-25% on January 1, 2023
How you can Save Money?
- Invest now
- Savings on energy bills
- Check out our Special Offer
Sunny Service is Here to Help
- Professional staff
- Great warranties and guarantees
- Local support
- Financing options
Our Offer To You
- 7% OFF ALL Complete Systems - End of Season Blowout!
- Utility provider instant rebates up to $2,800!! Funds still available and even some base models apply. Manufacturer rebates up to $1,050 (certain systems).
Improve Your Comfort Today
If you are going to need to replace your air conditioning system within the next 2-3 years, it will never be any cheaper again. The price increase will be 15-25% at minimum. Please don’t hesitate to contact Sunny Service if you have any questions, we are happy to help in any way we can. We have great financing offers available for every budget. Our staff and technicians are professionals and trained and provide you local support for service.
Don’t wait on this. You will save thousands by being proactive, this is a nationwide increase.
Call 817-290-3019 or schedule online at www.SunnyService.com.
Your Friends at Sunny Service